Carrots – I used about 7 carrots for our side dish. Rest of proportions follow
2-3 Tbl. olive oil
1-2 Tbl. white balsamic vinegar or white wine vinegar
Salt & fresh ground pepper to taste
1 tsp. cumin
1 tsp. lemon juice
2 Tbl. red onion, very small dice.
1 Tbl. dill, chopped
2 Tbl. curley parsley, chopped
- Peel all your carrots. Take about a third of them and grate – either on the large hole of a box grater or by cuisineart. Put in large mixing bowl.
- Cut the rest into half lengths - or thirds if really long.
- Put on some nice music and get to work with a very sharp knife. Julienne into the finest slices you can
- Add all the rest.
- Toss thoroughly. Let sit overnight. The carrots will soften from the salt and oil and the flavors will fill out.
- Let come to room temp. before serving. Taste again and adjust to your liking.