For the Crust and Filling:
2 cans Pillsbury Refrigerated Crescent Roll Sheets
16 oz. cream cheese regular, room temperature
1 cup sugar
1 tsp lemon extract
1 tsp vanilla extract
zest from one lemon
1 egg, beaten
1 egg white. beaten
For the Glaze:
2 tbsp milk
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
2/3 cup powdered sugar
Mix the glaze ingredients in a bowl. Allow the dessert to completely cool before drizzling this over the top.
- Preheat oven to 375º F.
- Prepare a 9”×13” baking pan with nonstick spray. (I used two 4” x 13” tart pans.)
- In a large mixing bowl, add softened cream cheese, sugar, vanilla & lemon extract, lemon zest, egg. Combine the mixture into a smooth filling.
- Open the first package of crescent rolls and lay out in the baking pan. If you find that there are any holes, pinch the crescent dough tightly together.
- Pour the filling onto the crescent roll base but leave approximately a ½” wide boundary around the perimeter of the dough. Level out the filling.
- Add the other crescent roll sheet over the top of the filling. Carefully, press down the sides of the dough to meet the base sheet.
- Using a pastry brush, lightly spread the egg white over the top crust.
- Bake for approx. 30-40 minutes till the top crust is golden brown.
- Remove and allow to cool.